Paleo Sweet Treat
|February 28, 2012||Posted by eryn under Cooking, Paleo|
This Paleo recipe uses the sweetness of the banana slices rather than sugar to make a delicious dessert. Makes 2 servings. Approximate preparation time: 5 minutes, although the coconut milk must be chilled before preparation.
PALEO SWEET TREAT
- 1 13.66 fl. oz. can of coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- 2 .375 oz. squares of dark chocolate (at least 72% cacao)
- Scoop out the thick, creamy portion of the coconut milk. Whip with 1 tsp. of vanilla until peaks begin to form.
- Layer half of the banana slices and 1 tbsp. of the almond butter in a small bowl. Top with 1-2 tbsp. of the whipped coconut milk and 1 chocolate square.
- Repeat layering process with second portion.
I’ve linked this recipe up to Tasty Tuesday on Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
That looks really good! I love using banana to sweeten things.
I’ve been seeing coconut milk whipped topping recipes and I’m wondering where you can get coconut milk?
You can get coconut milk at a regular grocery store. You can usually find it with the Asian and/or Hispanic foods. We usually get ours from Walmart because that’s where I’ve been able to find the best prices on it around here.
Or, you can make your own: http://ournaturaljourney.com/2012/02/23/how-to-make-your-own-coconut-milk/ I haven’t tried to use homemade coconut milk for whipped topping yet, though, so I’m not sure how well it would work. The batch I made wasn’t as creamy as the canned version we usually buy.
This does look good! I’m going to give it a try! Dark chocolate works for Audrey with her milk allergy, too. Thanks!
Sure thing! Let me know how it goes.